Middlesbrough has an amazing retail fashion scene and is very highly regarded for having a fashion forward population.
Both Foot Asylum and Size are in Middlesbrough. Size sells rare and collectable trainers, there is one in Selfridges and one on Carnaby Street. Middlesbrough is also very rich in independent retailers such as Triads with 2 stores, Box with 2 stores, Red Square, Howl and Yakuza to name only a few.
Key retail facts
- Middlesbrough is the third biggest shopping centre in the North East with over £50 million investment. The commercial hub of the Tees Valley, it has more shopping floor space than the Metrocentre.
- Psyche department store on Linthorpe Road is the highest award-winning company in the fashion industry.
- Award winning designer Kate Fearnley, also based on Linthorpe Road designs exclusive dresses for Girls Aloud, Katie Price, The Saturdays and the X Factor girls Alexandra and Diana.
- Linthorpe Road Central is an area bustling with individual designer boutiques such as Psyche, Kate Fearnley, Red Square, Size? and Deep.
- Middlesbrough has some of the best high street brands around including House of Fraser (a fashionista's dream including Superdry, French Connection, Mango (soon) Desigual, Mint Velvet, Radley and Episode), Monsoon, La Senza, as well as all the high street favourites that you'd expect.
- All the carparks operated by Middlesbrough Council, the Mall and Hillstreet have all been awarded the 'Park Mark' Safer Parking Awards, which recognise a safe and secure environment to park your car.
- Despite the current economic climate, retail in Middlesbrough continues to thrive. It's 143, 800 local population is complemented by regular crowds drawn in from places such as York, Northallerton and Darlington. Over 890,000 people live within a 30 minute drive and 2.7 million within a 1 hour drive.
Middlesbrough Fashion Week
Middlesbrough Fashion Week is host to runway shows, style events, retailer discounts, competitions and great giveaways. Fashion Week brings together the town's independent retailers, designers and high street brands to work in collaboration with one another to create must-attend events for fashionistas.
Middlesbrough Fashion Week 2011
Fashion Week 2011 is taking place Monday May 23rd until Sunday May 29th.
Retailers signed up to Middlesbrough Fashion Week 2011 include Top Shop, New Look, House Of Fraser, Debenhams, Boots, BHS, Blue Inc, Marks & Spencer, Wallis and many more. The Uk’s largest Independent Retailer; Psyche and award winning designer Kate Fearnley voted Cosmopolitan Magazine’s Young Fashion Entrepreneur of the Year are all backing Middlesbrough Fashion Week too.
For information as to how your business can participate in Middlesbrough Fashion Week 2011 download the Retailers Pack and/or contact We-Do Marketing on 01642 224 706 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Download: Middlesbrough Fashion Week 2011 Magazine