Hundreds sign up for Sky Ride Middlesbrough
Published 22nd Jun 2011
Hundreds of cyclists have already signed up for Sky Ride Middlesbrough 2011.
The cycling extravaganza is rolling into town on Sunday, July 10.
Sky Ride, organised by Sky, British Cycling and Middlesbrough Council, is a free mass participation cycling event suitable for all ages and abilities.
This year the event will be based at the new Middlesbrough Cycle Circuit based at Prissick Sports Base, off Marton Road.
The official route for the Sky Ride traffic-free route takes in local places of interest such as Fairy Dell Park, Newham Grange Country Farm and Nature’s World.
There will also be a wide range of bike-related entertainment and fun for all ages. Almost 400 cyclists have already signed up and the figures are climbing daily.
Anyone who wants to take part in Sky Ride Middlesbrough simply has to register for free at www.goskyride.com/Middlesbrough
Some of the attractions this year include:
- Along with the main Sky Ride route there will be two led rides through the town with trained Sky Ride leaders
- Children will be able to take part in organised races in ‘Go Ride Racing’
- An exhibition of elite racing on Middlesbrough Cycle Circuit will be put on thanks to local race promoters www.velo29events.com
- Some of the best stunt BMX riders in the country, Team Extreme, will be at the nearby Prissick Skate Park for try outs, coaching and competitions
- A free bike skills and trails try out area will be available
- The TFM roadshow will be there
- Bike maintenance support from the Middlesbrough Cycle Centre
- A cycling market place
The event starts at 10am, cyclists are encouraged to bring a picnic and there will be secure bike storage available.
Middlesbrough Sky Ride
Middlesbrough Cycle Centre
Middlesbrough Cycle Circuit
Sky Ride Middlesbrough event on Facebook
Sky Ride Middlesbrough event on Facebook 2
Boho Five ready to welcome businesses
A £4m state-of-the-art building at the heart of one of the region’s key regeneration sites is getting ready to welcome digital and creative businesses.